Friday 12 March 2010

Thursday night's hedgehogs brave the cold

Wednesday night there were no hedgehog visitors and I wondered if they had decided to go back into hibernation seeing as it was so cold. I was thinking the same thing on Thursday night - it was so bitterly cold that a frost was already forming - but then at around 11:30pm I saw a hedgehog tucking into the mealworms. I captured quite a lot of footage throughout the night (see above), and which I believe shows two hedgehogs, one of which is Blondie.

3 comments:

  1. Your visitors are certainly rather hungry. Looks like everything was all polished off by morning. There has no movement here so we hope our visitors are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can make out we only have the two hedgehogs here at the moment. Perhaps they are just earlier risers than all the others. I expect to see some more different hogs in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWIW, Uno is the only one we have seen yet down here on the south coast.

    ReplyDelete