Saturday 27 March 2010

A brief hedgehog movie from Thursday night

Yesterday, Friday, I was editing the previous night's hedgehog footage when my laptop - which had been giving me problems for a little while now - decided to choose that very moment to totally crash and burn. I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to ressurect it, but to no avail. I believe it is the hard disk that has malfunctioned. I just hope that there will be some way of getting the data off because I have a lot of photos on there that have not been backed up and will be lost forever if the data is irretrievable. Yes, I know I should have made back-ups, but buying a second hard-drive for back-up purposes hasn't exactly been a No.1 priority recently. (And I know I'm going to have to pay for that oversight now).

Additional to this, the other computer that I have access to has also been playing up and needs quite a few fixes of its own. I just now tried Movie Maker on this machine in an effort to re-make the aborted hedgehog movie from Thursday night, and the program simply failed on me. Rather than not show any new footage on the blog, I have uploaded straight to YouTube my favourite single video capture from that night.

I think still photographs are going to be easier until I get the laptop fixed again, and perhaps I won't be posting here quite so frequently for a short while, although you can be sure that I am going to continue feeding my spiky friends each and every night as usual.

2 comments:

  1. Hi GL,

    We enjoyed your hedgie video greatly but we are so sorry to hear about your PC problems. We hope they will be straight-forward and not-to-expensive to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be too expensive to buy a new disk and my friend will do the fixing. I wouldn't trust one of these shops anyway. Last time I took it to a shop to be repaired they made a right pig's ear of it.

    My real concern is that I don't lose the photos which were on the hard drive. They are far more valuable to me than the hardware.

    ReplyDelete