Saturday 9 May 2009

Getting started with the infrared wildlife camera


I realise that this video is far from perfect, but I've only today just started experimenting with the infrared wildlife camera and I'm still in the early learning stages. I still need to work out distances, positioning the camera so that it is pointing in the desired direction, avoiding large objects that reflect back the light (e.g. the large plant pots), but it's still quite a nice little video of a hedgehog munching on some mealworms.

I'm thinking that perhaps I should return to putting mealworms directly onto the ground as that way we won't have videos of hedgehogs with their snouts buried in a bowl.

Here's another video featuring a speedy hedgehog. He does disappear for a few seconds - see if you can predict when he's about to re-appear!


No comments:

Post a Comment