Friday 8 May 2009

Another hog with a (minor) injury

This hog was out on the patio making the trademark snuffling noises and chasing around after a much bigger hog. It wasn't until I looked at the photo afterwards that I noticed the poor hog had a wound on its head. Hopefully it's something that will clear up naturally. It's most likely where a tick has been gorging itself on the hedgehog's blood, had its fill and fallen off. (Yeah, gross, I know).

This might be the last colour photo for a while. We're going black and white soon - but that's a GOOD thing. My wildlife camera has arrived. It's got a motion detector and is infrared, so that means I can get pictures of the hogs without disturbing them and without using the flash. I'm going to experiment with it this weekend so stay tuned for even more hog photographs and maybe a movie or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment