Friday 9 October 2009

Thursday night's hogs

A hedgehog presence was maintained throughout the evening, although I never observed more than one hog at any one time. There were at least two individuals, if not three. The one pictured above I thought may have been Scratchy. I was trying to make out the markings on its back, and at one point it did appear to be having a little scratch. I like how in the above picture you can see it's gotten its paw wet and there is a little trail of wet prints from the water bowl.

This next picture shows a hog hiding in the corner of the patio (a bit of a "graveyard" of plant pots and bits and pieces at the moment) whilst I was topping up the food bowls. I thought it was funny how it went and hid nearby rather than running off into the hedge. I believe it was waiting for some more food!

So, of course, I had to give it some mealworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment