Saturday 25 July 2009

No hogs until the early hours of Saturday morning




I was a little worried last night because I saw not a sign of any hedgehog activity, and was wondering what must have happened to them. However, I left the infrared motion-detector camera out and sure enough there were lots of comings and goings later on. This would have been in the early hours of Saturday morning.

I have to confess that I'm a little jealous of those who have early evening hedgehog visitors. I'd love to be able to watch them in better light. Unfortunately "my" hogs seem to be getting later and later as the weeks go by.

2 comments:

  1. There is certainly plenty of hog activity. All the usual pushing and shoving I see! The night camera works well. Does it record direct on the computer or do you have a separate recorder?

    Maybe mine tend to come earlier sometimes if their nesting area is very close by. Maybe you could find a secluded corner of your garden to install a Hedgehog nest box to encourage a local family to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only got a small garden, but there are plenty of places for hogs to hide or make temporary nests. I have a feeling that hogs might nest underneath the shed anyway. I've thought about getting a nesting box, but am worried (1) that a rat make take us residence - we had a problem with a rat taking up residence in the composter earlier this year, and (2) that the new cat might scare them off.

    ReplyDelete