Wednesday 5 May 2010

Little hog visits

At a few minutes past 9:00PM I was just about to put the trail camera out so as to capture some video footage of the hedgehog visits overnight when I saw this little chap tucking into the mealworms and chopped nuts. I took a couple of photos through the cat flap; however this activity caught the attention of Elsa who was out in the garden and caused her to come running up to the cat flap. This flurry of activity in turn worried the hedgehog a little and he soon scooted off to the safety of the hedge.

A few moments later I saw him at the side of the patio and took this quick picture (he obviously didn't want to go too far away - not when he knows there is food nearby!). I gave him a handful of mealworms as a thank you, which he was soon yumming up.

As I type this Elsa is in the garden happily watching one hedgehog sniffing around the bike shed, whilst another hedgehog is at the secondary feeding station down at the far end of the garden.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how cats don't seem bothered....in actual fact mt dog who barks at anything isn't bothered either! He does sniff them but then quickly backs off...I am thanking the robin who visits me with meal worms....3 or 4 times a day!
    Lovely to see some young ones.

    ReplyDelete