Thursday 14 May 2009

Back at Folly Bridge in Oxford...

...the mother swan is still incubating her eggs. All was calm when I took these photos at around noon, but when I passed by earlier in the morning, just before 9:30, things weren't so quiet. Both swans seemed quite perturbed as a small flock of geese had gatecrashed the scene and were trying to steal some of the nesting material.

I guess things were sorted out, because both swans seemed quite unflustered at midday. Here we see Daddy swan looking on from his station on the bank.

Here is another view of the nest in which we can also see the swans' next door neighbours, the coots in their nest.

I can't guarantee that I'm going to be passing by this spot any time soon, so don't know if I'll be able to get photos of the cygnets when they hatch. I'd dearly like to but am unsure if circumstances will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment